Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Great Wall of Lucy Wu by Wendy Shang

Lucy Wu is determined to have the best year ever. She is about to start middle school, when sudenly everything goes wrong. Her brandmothers sister is coming to visit them, and she has to share Lucy's room! Lucy is Chinese American, and Yi Po, her grandma's sister, only speaks Chinese. Whhen a girl from Wendy's school tells Wendy's mom about Chinese school, her mom makes her go. But Chinese school is on the same morning as basketball practice! So far Lucy Wu's year has been anything but awesome. I lie this book becuase it introduces you to a new culture. I advice this to fourth grade and up, because it is about a middle school girl.

2 comments:

  1. First thing I came on your blog, you had one post. Now, you have six posts!


    Ally

    ReplyDelete
  2. You said "Teh" instead of "The". I sounds like something someone from Japan would say. I thought that was actually the title.

    ReplyDelete